If you’ve ever wished for a way to better keep track of your media collections—be it DVDs, music or anything else—Android’s barcode inventory app is what you’ve been waiting for. The convenient inventory tool sets up a simple system using the barcode scanner in your smart phone, and is a more portable and comprehensive method than writing or typing a list, making barcodes an even more helpful part of your life.
Barcode Express Pro, available on the Android Market, will make keeping track of your media easy on your Android operating system. After installing a barcode scanner app on your phone, you can try Barcode Express free for two weeks with the demo version. After your trial period is over, you can simply upgrade to the full version for $1.99. The app automatically downloads after you’ve entered your payment information and you can then transfer any saved data from the demo to the full version. It’s that easy!
To get started with your personal inventory, you’ll be prompted to enter the item description manually, enter it using a template, snap a picture of it with you phone’s camera, search the web, connect one of the images already stored in your photo files or scan the item’s barcode. The program’s setup is fairly intuitive, with options accessible through the menu button on your phone and a cleanly designed, easy-to-read interface.
After the item is entered, you can also add notes or even attach a voice recording, video or audio clip, task list or an expense list. Each item can be placed in a category, such as location, and you can create labels by tagging the items. The wide range of options makes it easy to personalize your organization.
With the web product search, you can access the ISBN codes, UPC/EAN codes and even Amazon Standard Identification Numbers (ASIN) or your items. You can import all of the information the barcode creator embedded, or simply add any images associated with your item. Even though finding your items and setting up your existing inventory might take some time, in the end you’ll have a comprehensive view of your media that you can add to over time.
Whatever your barcoding or wireless printing needs may be, Godex carries the product to meet and exceed those needs for printing barcodes. Questions about this technology or about your own barcode printing kit? Don’t hesitate to contact your local Godex representative today or visit www.godexintl.com to learn how to generate barcodes and purchase barcode printers.
- Wait a Minute, Mr. Postman! Effective Use of Mailing Label Printers
- Be Kind, Rewind: Label Rewinders and Your Business
- Here’s to Your Health: Barcodes and Accurate Patient Info
- Ready, Set, Go! How to Calibrate Your Printer the Right Way
- Connection Error! Troubleshooting Database Printing From GoLabel
- The All-New Godex LAN Web Tool
- Numbers Only! The Interleaved 2 of 5 Interleaved Barcode
- ZPL/EPL Emulations from Godex
- Industrial Strength: The Godex EZ 2300 Plus
- GoDEX Launches NEW Website!
- Barcode Express Pro: The Android's Barcode Inventory App
- What are Piggyback Labels?
- Printing Barcodes for the Textile Industry
- Are All Barcodes Created Equal?
- All About CCD Barcode Scanners